Wadi Rum




We did it to get a transportation. 80 JD was actually a price for tourists, far more expensive than what we dealed: 50JD.
We departed at 5am (hell yeah!) so we could arrive to Rum on time to catch a desert trip. We did and, what is usual, we had to wait a bit. Salem has a nice business. Everything is well organized while we one can visit all the spots: Lawrence's spring, Lawrence's house and the canyons. I got some red sand with me (Jojo, I told you I would). Also in my shoes, jeans, socks...
I thought a lot of Gandalf (because of the very restricted fireworks prohibition in Jordan) and the rest of the hobbits. I wonder how they are, alone in the wild sands of Siwa Oasis. Poor little ones.
Time is just a senseless thing that happens when you are in the Desert. It makes you think of people, places and feelings you think you forgot. But you didn't.
We are on our way to Amman  Petra now. 25JD for a taxi. We were waiting for the bus, but it crashed in the morning so it was unlikely that it could make it.
I always find funny the people you meet while traveling and the coincidences. The coincidences.
A Canadian family (with 2 little girls) traveling around the world for 8 months (yes, you read well). Two Spanish doctors, working in Jericho and Gaza (Palestine). And so others.
Wadi Rum is a must even if you the Egyptian Deserts. It's Sinai style but wider. It's spectacular and very touristic. But it keeps its charm.
We are approaching Petra. Our 3rd step. Indiana, watch out! Here we come!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario