Time and Km.

The amount of time you have in a trip changes completely its nature.
If you take a map and a guide (please avoid Lonely Planet) you can
hardly find 'things to see/do' in Jordan for more than 10 days. I mean
interesting things, I don't mean to visit the last little town near
the border with Irak.
Well, so then, why did we find people in Jordan for 3-4 weeks?
I'm sure their budget is less than ours, even for the triple of time.
If we had had 3 weeks we'd have gone to the South by hitch hiking, as
we planned first. Same for the trip from Dhana to Wadi Mujib.
Camera's battery lost its first stripe (of three) yesterday. It's a
shame I forgot the charger in Cairo and my 18-55mm zoom in Seville.
From 55mm is not good for landscapes, but I don't think I could take
all of it in one only picture, so...
We are approaching Tafilah through the mountains road. Isralestine is
hard to see due to the fog and the curves while writing in the back
seat are making the best of my stomach. At least I can listen to my
music after recharging the devices (finally electricity!)

[UNKLE - Lonely Souls]

We stayed at Dana Tower, a backpackers managed by Nabil, who looks
like Muammar Ghazzafi. I couldn't take a pic but you can ask Zizo. It
was great last night at the common room where we all stayed killing
time, when suddenly some friends brought a cake to a girl singing
Happy Birthday and stuff. We were from everywhere, mostly Dutch. And
even from Israel, what, to say the truth, was a bit shocking. Anyway.

[Oasis - Talk tonight]

I miss in some way the family of Abu Ibrahim. It's hard to explain.
And I'm dreaming a lot. I did of my father last night.
I can't wait to do the trekking in Wadi Mujib. I've been told about
it. And then, Dead Sea (Bahr el-Mayet), deepest place on Earth, 10
degrees more than in the surface, salty water, sun...relax! It was a
good idea to leave it for the last step.

[John Lee Hooker - Baby please don't go]

I'm sad the trip is about to end. It seems like weeks since we
started. But I have to admit that I miss Cairo a bit (I never thought
I could write that) and would like to take a rest for a few days. But
I already have ideas for the next trip. And I realized that thinking
in relative terms is a dangerous thing.
I remember the looks of the people here when we explain that what we
spend in one week in Jordan would be enough for almost two months in
Egypt. Of course, we are on a spending duty because we are traveling,
but still the truth is not far.

[Pearl Jam - Just Breathe]

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario